Friday, January 30, 2009

What a MIGHTY God we serve


2008 was truly a year of surprises and I feel like many of them all came at once. But I am a firm believer that Gods timing is always perfect. I feel that God gave me many huge tests of faith, as well as many blessings, and I'm honestly a better person because of it. As January draws to an end, I'm feeling abundant thankfulness because one year ago is when we found out I was pregnant with sweet Presli. I'm so grateful for the life God spared for me when He chose to give me the life of Presli to enjoy on a daily basis. "I prayed for this child and God has given me what I asked for" 1 Samual 1:27. As most of you know, Presli Faith was born at an extremely early 28 weeks(2 in a half months early) but God showed us His grace. Weighing a tiny 2 pounds at birth we didn't know what to expect from day to day. Leaving the hospital without my precious new baby was one of the saddest days of my life, for more reasons than one. But God had work to do in Presli as well as in me. I can remember sitting by her incubator and just watching her for hours and thinking how Gods construction of this tiny baby was perfect and amazing. I remember saying " look at her nail bed, its the tiniest thing I have ever seen.... How can something be so unbelievably small and yet so perfect"? "For thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mothers womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well." Psalms 139:13-14
Presli's reports continually beat all the odds and we brought our healthy baby girl home from the NICU 8 weeks after giving birth to her and she was PERFECT!!!! God reminds me of the TRUE miracle of life every single day when I look at my beautiful daughter.....WOW....what a MIGHTY God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment